Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Remembering Officer Vic Cianca

Taken in 1965, this is a photo of Pittsburgh Police Officer Vic Cianca, pictured left, became a world famous icon as "The traffic cop with flair." His flamboyant style of directing traffic with his trademark white gloves landed him on many television shows in the 1950's and 60's such as Alan Funt's "Candid Camera", Real People and The Tonite Show.

His entire career was with the Pittsburgh Police Department retiring in 1983. Pittsburgh lost a true icon when Officer Cianca passed away in 2010 at the age of 92.

1 comment:

  1. I am 70 and I remember Vic! The film clips do nothing! He was so so much greater and what a talent! I saw him everyday and actually missed him when I married and moved! But when I came back for a visit....I would go downtown and watch my 2nd favorite cop, my mother being the first!

    ReplyDelete